The project ESPERE-ENC (ENC = Educational Network on Climate) was the first project carried out within the frame of ESPERE.
ESPERE-ENC was a project funded by the European Commission for two years
01.01.2003 - 31.12.2004
The task of the Consortium of ESPERE-ENC was the development of a Climate Encyclopaedia for Schools and the Public. The Consortium carrying out this work consisted of 11 partners in 7 scientific and 4 educational institutions across Europe. End of 2005 the responsiblity for the language branches English, French and German and for some of the educational resources has been handed over to the ESPERE Association.
The ESPERE Association strives at global dissemination and translation of the material developed in ESPERE-ENC.
The former partners are:
- Max Planck Institute for Chemistry Mainz
- Universitytet Jagiellonski Krakow
- Mediterranean Agronomical Institute Zaragoza
- Hungarian Meteorological Service Budapest
- Center for International Climate and Environmental Research Oslo
- Université Blaise Pascal de Clermont-Ferrand
- University of East Anglia Norwich
- Gerhard Mercator University Duisburg
- Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg
- University of Oslo
- Schools Online Ass. Germany